Cane-Fu is part of the American Cane System founded by Grand Master Mark Shuey, Sr.. Created to give an advantage to those who carry a cane, either due to age or disability, Cane-Fu teaches the use of the cane both for self-defense, and self improvement. Incorporating stretching, strength training and balance training; carrying a cane is no longer a symbol of weakness; its is a source of confidence and strength.
The Meaning Behind the Patch
- The shape represents my old outfit: The 2nd Battalion 4th Marines "The Magnificent Bastards"
- The Scarlet (Red) and Gold are Marine Colors
- The Blue represents not only the waters we have crossed and fought in but being true blue to our country
- The Purple represents the Purple Heart
- The Red letters represents the blood that has been shed
- Yin & Yang represents the balance in life
- The Umbrella represents the Lord protecting us and, to help him, the umbrella becomes a protection device
- As we get older the canes represent our badge of courage NOT weakness. It gives us support and strength and becomes a formidable protection device when needed
Tom Ashmore is a certified Cane-Fu Instructor